Friday, August 19, 2011

Review of the lecture at Queens Library

Thank you for joining my lecture program yesterday.
I was impressed with the audience that joined yesterday's program at the Briarwood branch of the Queens Library. One of my fans who lives in the Bronx joined, taking more than an hour to commute from Bronx, and one of my Japanese friends who lives in another part of Queens joined the program as well. Each time I meet with audiences in the library's program, people ask very interesting questions, and seem to know something about Ryukyu. One lady who originally comes from Korea asked me about the Okinawan flag and why it has a symbol with three circles are during Q&A session; another lady from India said that she enjoyed listening to the classical song Hyakuna Bushi, which my assistant Ms. Satoka performed beautifully, because she said she found the song very reminiscent of Indian music.
Please enjoy some pictures from yesterday's program. Thank you again for joining my program.
See you again soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment